For all Muslims living in Western countries who think that they are being persecuted because their brethren are carrying out terrorist attacks, you clearly don’t understand what it means to be persecuted. Actually, the reverse is much more true. Christians (and obviously Jews) are genuinely persecuted in Muslim countries Although I am not a Christian or a Jew, I sympathize with any group which is persecuted.
Meeting a random American who snubs you because you are Muslim (especially immediately after an Islamic terrorist attack) is not persecution. Sorry. You don’t get to elevate that experience to persecution or else you diminish the meaning of the word “persecute”.
Now, where’s my evidence? I will make way for Ayaan Hirsi Ali and let you read for yourself. Ironically, Muslims often complain about how their plight is not discussed in the media enough. Yet, the plight of Christians in Muslim countries is little known to the vast majority of people. Here is the article:
- Muslim Persecution Of Christians Escalating In Pakistan, ‘The Situtaion Is Becoming Alarming’ (midnightwatcher.wordpress.com)
- Christians Are Now World’s Most Persecuted Religion (powerlineblog.com)
- Persecution Is Rising In East Africa After the Murder of Christian Pastors (blackchristiannews.com)
- Criticism of Islam Is Not ‘Islamophobia’ (patheos.com)
- #MyJihad in Egypt: Muslims Set Christians on Fire with Molotov cocktails (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)